It is true that there is a good alternative of mineral makeup that you can buy. However, the cheapest, easiest and most natural way is to come up with your own. As a result, we are going to see how you can create your own mineral makeup using Natural Mica Powder.
- Cosmetic mica powder
- zinc oxide
- Titanium dioxide
- Iron oxide
- Essential oil (optional)
- Kaolin clay (optional)
- A teaspoon
- Tiny spoons of different sizes
- Mixing bowls
- Baggies, pots, and jars
- Protect the surfaces by covering the working space using a newspaper. Don’t fail to put on face mask, apron, and gloves while preparing to create your mineral makeup using Natural Mica Powder.
- Start the process by adding titanium dioxide to the zinc oxide and then to Natural Mica Powder. This addition should be in the ratio of 2:1:3/4 respectively. The role of titanium oxide is for the pale determination of the foundation. Also, zinc oxide is for the addition of coverage.
- Next, you’re to add one teaspoon of kaolin clay – which is an oil-absorbent and thickening natural clay.
- Finally, you need to add a few drops of the desired essential oil.
- Now you move to the fun stage, which involving developing the color using natural iron oxides in red, black, and yellow. Yellow is taken as the base, brown used for darkening the color and the red used for the addition of pinkness. For the brown iron oxide, add a pinch of it,and this is the case where tiny teaspoons are to be used. Also, for red iron oxide add a smaller pinch of it.
- Grind and mix the ingredients until you get a uniform color.
- Go the trial to the stage, which involves adding pinches of brown, red, yellow and titanium dioxide, which is essential for lightening for the makeup.
- After getting the right mixture, funnel it into a jar and wear your mineral makeup prepared using a Cosmetic Mica Powder with pride!